If you're reading this, I'm earning money. Thanks for helping to feed my little ones. Please see our disclosure for more information. Also, any advice provided is for informational purposes only. Be sure to speak with a professional before acting on anything you read below.
What is Christmas to you?
Here’s how most people see it:
Christmas has been boiled down to what I want, what I got and what I missed out on getting.
That’s a problem.
For those of us that want to break this thought process, here are some ideas to start your own Christmas traditions this year without gifts.
20 Christmas Traditions To Start With Your Kids
Check out our list of 20 Christmas traditions you can start with your family this year. There’s no time like the present to start traditions that your children can pass on to their children one day.
Here are some Christmas traditions our family loves:
- Go to a farm and cut down the Christmas tree, drink cocoa with marshmallows around a fire and freeze your butt off! (This one of our favorite Christmas traditions. Be sure to get a good tree stand)
- Go to the Christmas parade in your town.
- Drive around the neighborhoods looking at lights instead of going to bed on time
- Go to Church!
- Do Christmas pajamas and unwrap them on Christmas eve (or film a music video like the Holderness Family did for Christmas 2016)
- Make an ornament for the tree each year or buy one that represents the family that year
- Decorate your Christmas tree together
- Watch the same movie every year on Christmas Day (my husband’s favorite is A Christmas Carol)
- Make cookies for Santa
- Decorate a gingerbread house and take its picture so you can compare year after year
- Go caroling
- Go see a Christmas Play at a theater
- Have a special dinner at home with everyone
- Spend one night playing games instead of TV with a fire
- Camp out by sleeping under your Christmas tree
- Hot chocolate (love me some Swiss Miss with the little marshmallows)
- Visit Santa
- Christmas countdown calendars
- Read the Nativity story together on Christmas eve
- Do one act of service as a family for those who aren’t having a great Christmas season
What Christmas Traditions Have You Started?
We want to know what Christmas traditions you do each year with the family.
Also, what Christmas traditions do you want to start this year?
Share your Christmas traditions below or join our Becoming Mammas Facebook group and let us know your favorite ones.
Pin This Christmas Traditions Post on Pinterest!